Thursday, December 19, 2019

Feeling Like Christmas!

Chilly this morning.  I say a little thank you every day lately to my 10 year old pair of deerskin gloves and Carhartt jacket.  The animals are all doing great.  The goats have a lot of straw bedding in the barn, barn cats have heated pads in a cat tree and the chickens get their heat lamp on in the coop when it dips below 30.

I'm building a small 24' x 12' implement pole barn to keep my tractor implements out of the weather including bush hog, tiller, plow, auger and blade.
Start of implement pole barn
It should be framed this weekend. That's probably the last build I'll need to do for a while since I'll have the cabin, barn, pole barn and garden completed.  A root cellar is something I really want but that's quite an endevor and I haven't figured out the best approach for it yet.

Garden area

Hard to believe the garden area will be bringing forth food in a matter of months.  There's something so hopeful and motivating knowing that everything surrounding me which now appears so still and absent will be coming alive with the change that just a little bit of time brings about.  It's a metaphor to live by when we find ourselves in those unexpected valleys in life.  Luckily, I'm not in one of those valleys right now.  I have a warm tiny cabin, great health, good friends and lots of hope and motivation.  I love the cold.  Feels like Christmas!  Hope you all are looking forward to it.


Theodoshia (Doshie) & Benecia

Garden corner & rising sun






2 comments:

  1. I've just recently found your blog and wanted to say that I hope you keep writing. Best of wishes to you and your farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the delayed response and thank you!! I will be posting a new post very soon. I also have a facebook page I'm a lot more active on. Going out today to till! Have a wonderful day.

      Delete